Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Going to School

Hey guys, so today I got to go hangout at the new elementary school, near one of the nutrition centers.  I was shown around by one of the fourth graders named Kaline (in picture); she is the middle child in a family with 7 kids. She was only one of many though that I meet in families with many kids. Another thing that I noticed was that some of the kids showed signs of malnutrition who had just started at the school. Some of these symptoms are red hair and bloated bellies.  The kids are at school for a range of 3-5 hours, during this time they have many classes like, language arts, math, world history and Physical Education. I was able to meet all of the teachers, (that all spoke English, thank God) and was able to talk to them about what they teach and what brought them to the elementary school. Many of the stories that I heard told how they prayed to God for help with finances, and jobs. They told me that these jobs were the best thing to happen to them in their time of poverty and distress.  This showed me that everyone no matter where you are or come from, are always heard by God through prayer.
                                                              Brittany King

No comments:

Post a Comment