Friday, February 21, 2014

Newest Nutrition Center

Hello people of America, this is your very young and able missionary blogging. The other day I was fortunate to be able to go to the newest nutrition center that the Mompremiers have founded. It is in a very remote area, which is only accessible by walking.  It wasn’t as nice as the others, but is a work in progress. This nutrition center consists of one sheltered kitchen, (just big enough to have the large bowls of food, and a person dishing them out), and one larger sheltered area that the kids are able to use for, services and as a shelter for them to eat under.  This nutrition center hosts 35 kids at the moment, but is about to take on many more.  At this nutrition center I was surprised to see that more than a few of the kids have minor abnormalities. Such as one girl that I met that was 7 years old but the oldest of 4 children.  She lost one hand though when she was 5.  She lost it while working at a sugar cane mill. Someone called to her and she turned to answer and her hand became caught in the sugar cane press. The only way to get her arm out was to amputate it. Now she has learned to use her one hand to guide and help her family, as well as her community. ---------------- Brittany King


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Brittany! I am so happy you are in Haiti, helping people and bringing God's love and joy to those around you. Please hug all the children for me! (-That's what I would be doing if I were there.) It is great to read all your and your Dad's posts. Praying God's great blessings and provision for Haiti.....and for you all who are serving God there. Wanted you to know ,God answered my prayer- He saved my home! ( I am renaming it Beit Shalom , House of Peace.) The LORD has done great things-and boy, am I glad! :
    :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete